Author Topic: New Legato and Legato Lite are in production  (Read 8041 times)

Offline AR-T

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Legato and Legato Lite are in production
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
OK, now that you have said something specific..............I will look to see what we can do. It will be an "orphan", meaning it will be the only one of its kind.

Would you be upset if we had to drill a hole, in the panel, to mount a DC connector? Trying to make these work from the USB power was not something we were satisfied with.

The other option................use the USB DC power, and maybe sell it at sharp discount, just to use up what we have on hand. Even if we break even, it would be parts off of the (inventory) book, and a little bit less space being taken up by parts.

From a money standpoint, I would rather do the former. But, if you want one bad enough, and want to save money, knowing that there might be a compromise using the USB power.................

Someone once suggested we make a special USB cable, that had a provision for the DC power. Maybe we can compromise and do that.

Now that I think about it....................might be a good compromise. And since we will only have to do it once, then I won't get too mad when I ruin 5 connectors, trying to make everything fit inside!

Offline drmike

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2020, 03:47:19 PM »
hello pat,
any of the u-byte cables left? love my legato!
drmike

Offline AR-T

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2020, 04:15:03 PM »
Yes.

I will send you the address for my personal PP account, so we can bypass their fees!

Just click "send money to friend", and it will save me enough to pay for the postage.

Offline drmike

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2020, 06:40:30 AM »
Hello pat,
Need your personal pp again.
Thanks,
Michael

Offline PaulF1961

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2020, 10:20:25 AM »
Hello, I will acquire a valve (sorry, tube) DAC if you are able to supply either one of your Legato or Veloce. I am hoping that you have one or other available for purchase. From my reading, your device will be the only one for someone valuing analogue, sorry, Analog reproduction. I listen to LP's and fm radio, and now face the DAC dilemma. But your machine and a valve DAC will be the way. I hope you can assist. I sent an email too. With all good wishes from London. Paul.

Offline drmike

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »
hello pat,
LOVE THE CABLE!!!
thanks,
michael

Offline AR-T

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »
Knew that you would.

Care to share any details what you like about it, or other cables that you have tried? I'm sure some folks out there would like to hear those details.

Enjoy!

Offline drmike

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2020, 01:48:21 PM »
hey pat,
just all around cleaner and crisper. other cables i've tried are dhlabs, oyaide,nd my canare diy. also better than the standard cable that came withrer the legato, the legato is a show stopper.
thanks again,
michael